L-P-R-C-A in hot water after going against OMB ruling in Long Point

May 10, 2018

More headaches on Hastings Drive in Long Point.

 

Last month, the Ontario Municipal Board ruled that no development or overnight stays in RVs or trailers were allowed on the deemed hazard lands.

 

But as of last week, members of the Long Point Region Conservation Authority continued to hand out permits to property owners allowing them to build structures.

 

Norfolk’s GM of Development and Cultural Services Chris Baird advised council that is not only against the law, but its by-law department will have to inform people to remove their newly built structures.

 

Councillor Doug Brunton, who sits on the board at Long Point Region Conservation Authority, said there was some confusion as they felt the old rules would still apply until an official bylaw was worded by the Province.

 

Baird said the new rules kicked in after the OMB made its ruling on April 16th.

 

 

Read Full Norfolk Today Article Here PDF  

 

 

 

 

 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Hastings Cottage Removed

November 19, 2019

Action sought on record-high water levels

November 8, 2019

1/15
Please reload

You Might Also Like:
  • Corke Point
  • White Instagram Icon
Stephen Corke

I am the 3rd generation owner of Corke Point and

Long Point Ratepayers' Association Member

(647) 213-1026    

stephen@corkepoint.com

 

© 2023 Corke Point. Proudly created with Wix.com

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now